Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ayyaz 16 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:49
    ayyaz

How to write webservice for umbraco

i need to create content nodes in umbraco instance from a standalone .NET application.

for this purpose I guess I need to create a webservice that will run inside umbraco instance and will accept external request to create the nodes.

Need tutorial/information on how-to-create webservice for umbraco?

plz help

Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:51
    ayyaz

sorry for multiple post the submit button was not working had to click multiple times.

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:54
    Douglas Robar

(I've deleted the 8 other copies of this post. cheers, doug.)

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:57
    Thomas Höhler

For creating documents from outside you can use the build in webservices from umbraco or you can create your own webservices. For creating your own webservice take a look at the minutes of my Codegarden 09 Session:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/codegarden-2009/codegarden09-sessions/the-box/using-webservices-in-umbraco

hth, Thomas

Mar 02, 2010 @ 12:09
    ayyaz

thanks thomas.. can you please also tell how to use that built in umbraco web service ?

Mar 02, 2010 @ 12:19
    Thomas Höhler

Which version of umbraco do you use?

If v4.0.x you have to setup the umbracoSettings.config: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/files-in-the-config-folder/umbracosettingsconfig

Then you can use these urls by adding them as a webservice reference in VS (take a look at the /umbraco/webservices/api folder)

hth, Thomas

Mar 02, 2010 @ 12:43
    ayyaz

Hi,

thanks thomas I am are using v4.0.x. I have downloaded and viewed your samples... so how I can setup/host your webservice CG09.Sample1

in umbraco ?

what are the steps. ?

regards,

Ayyaz

Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:49
    Thomas Höhler

In principle it is only putting the asmx file into any folder on the server you want and add the dll into the bin folder. Then you can use VS to add a webservice reference by browsing to the asmx file on the server.

As you can see in the VS project I have added some Post-build Events which was copying the needed files to the IIS folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft